Ahalya Ravendran, David Young, Adam Taras and Donald Dansereau, “Burst photography for visually challenging conditions”, Robotic Vision Summer School, Canberra, 2020.
 Ahalya Ravendran, and Donald Dansereau, “Burst Feature Finder”, IEEE UNITE New South Wales, Sydney, 2022.
Involved in designing quizzes, tutoring and assessing software exercises and robotics projects based on micro-controller and/or Arduino using assembly language, C, MATLAB and/or Python. Demonstrated and evaluated projects on multi-sensors, UR5e collaborative robot arm and Gazebo simulator.
School of Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Engineering (MES300 Engineering Drawing, MES390 Basic Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, MES392 Advanced Mechanical Engineering Laboratory)
Involved in Mechatronics laboratory development, proctor duties and evaluated industrial training and final-year projects of undergraduate students.
Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME2020 Mechanics of Machines, ME3580 Production Laboratory and ME4540 Advanced Automation Systems Laboratory)
Involved in multiple projects including smart home automation, design and development of an industrial robot arm and EEG signal processing for human computer interaction.
Assigned in multiple workshops including avionics, structures, engine and non-destructive testing.
MSc in Engineering and Technology, July, 2019
BSc in Mechatronics Engineering, December, 2016. (The Best Overall Performance)
- Engineering and Information Technologies Research Scholarship, University of Sydney, 2019 – Present.
- Postgraduate Research Support Scheme Funding, 2020,2022
- SIIT Scholarship, PARE Spring School 2019, Indonesia.
- Young Research Scholarship, Eurasia Research, 2018.
- Diversity Scholarship , Open Source Summit and ELC/Open IoT, Europe, Scotland, 2018.
- Travel Award, The Linux Foundation Events, 2018.
- Inclusion, Robotics Systems and Science, Pittsburgh, USA, 2018.
- Excellent Foreign Student (EFS) Scholarship Award, SIIT, Thammasat University, 2017 – 2019.
- The Walkers CML Award for The Best Overall Performance at the Bachelor of Science of Engineering Honours Degree Examination in Mechanical Engineering Specialized in the field of Mechatronics Engineering of the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT) Cash Award for The Best Overall Performance in the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT) Full Scholarship Award based on the Undergraduate Semester Academic Performance (Highest GPA: 4.0/4.0)
- Webmaster – IEEE Women in Engineering, New South Wales (2022)
- Student Member – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), IEEE Robotics and Automation Society and IEEE Women in Engineering (2021-2022).
- Science communicator – ISS High School Outreach, ACFR (2021) SIRIS Seminar Series, ACFR (2021-2022) and IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automaiton (ICRA 2022).
- Invited speaker – PhyFron Tamil Science Community (2022),
- Organizer – Robotic Image Reading Group, ACFR, The University of Sydney (2021-2022).
- Volunteer – Robotic Vision Summer School (2021-2022).
- Secretary – Faculty of Engineering Student Community, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (2015).
- Secretary – IMechE Student Chapter, Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (2015-2016).